I love eggs.. over-easy, scrambled, poached, hard-boiled… they’re all good! And I love breakfast, especially when it takes only a few minutes to throw together. I love these scrambled eggs with spinach and goat cheese because it’s more complex than just plain ol’ scrambled eggs and the flavor combo is amazing. Bonus, I always love being able to add some green to my breakfast!
Heat up a non-stick skillet, please don’t ever try to make eggs in a skillet that isn’t non-stick. Shred up a good handful or two of spinach. The leaves can be left whole, but I like chopping them up, or using my hands and shredding them, so that my bites of spinach are smaller. Let these cook down in the skillet, just about 2 minutes.
While the spinach is cooking, whisk some eggs and then add in the goat cheese. If you don’t like goat cheese… well then, we can’t be friends. I’m just messin’, but really, goat cheese is amazing in eggs! It’s creamy, it’s dreamy.. and keeps the eggs soft.
Also, add in a pinch of salt and pepper or however much you use to season your eggs. I always prefer to cook the salt and the pepper with the eggs rather than add afterwards.
Once the spinach is cooked down, pour in the egg/cheese mixture and constantly stir with a rubber spatula.
I like my eggs super, super soft. I err on the side of under-cooked because there’s nothing worse than over-cooked eggs.
Dish up and enjoy! I love nothing more than enjoying my eggs with a piece of toast and well, of course bacon! Bacon is the best.. and I probably eat too much of it.
- 4 whole Eggs
- 1 cup Spinach, tightly packed
- 1-2 tablespoons Goat Cheese
- salt/pepper to taste
- Heat up a non-stick skillet and add the spinach. I like to shred the spinach so the pieces are smaller, but they can be left whole if preferred. Cook down.
- Whisk the eggs then add in goat cheese. If the cheese clumps are large, you can break them down.
- Pour egg/cheese mixture into the skillet over the spinach. Constantly stir with a rubber spatula, until eggs are soft but set. About 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt/pepper to taste.
- This serves 2.