I didn’t do much cooking last weekend or this week and I won’t be doing any this weekend so I didn’t really have a new food post for you. Instead, here’s a list of 10 happenings in my life right now…
- Jesse is in test week right now which has been stressful but will be over by tomorrow morning. Second year is quite challenging but we’re getting through it, one day at a time.
- Speaking of tomorrow morning, my parents come into town tomorrow for the weekend!! I can’t wait to see them!
3. I got a much needed haircut and my hair is now a little shorter than it has been in a very long time. But I am loving it because it’s so much healthier and looks a little thicker!
4. I got some new essential oils in the mail that I’m loving and can’t wait to share my experiences with you guys.
5. Daylight Savings Time is this weekend which means we gain an hour, and my job gets out an hour earlier every Friday afternoon until Spring!!!!!! (That deserves a lot of exclamation points!!)
6. It will officially be November on Sunday. This means Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving break are this month and we’ll get to spend some time with the Keelers, and it also means Christmas is coming!!! (I actually need to start doing some Christmas shopping)
7. I had a sealant done on my tooth this week by a dental student and she had to numb up the right side of my mouth and it stayed numb for several hours. So trying to drink out of a straw was pretty impossible for quite awhile – my coworkers got a good laugh out of it! :)
8. I made oatmeal cookies last night because it has been way too long since I last made cookies. I’m making these ones.
9. I bought some delicious tea from Trader Joe’s this week, it’s like Fall in a cup! AND it’s only available for the season.
10. I bought two new novels to read from Barnes & Noble – I love new books!! :)
11. Okay so I changed my mind, there’s 11 things… I finally got hired on permanently with my job at Loma Linda School of Dentistry – I start in another week or so and am very excited!! If you didn’t know, I’ve been a temp since last December and have been working hard to get hired on permanently. This brings a lot of job security and benefits for us. Plus, I love my job so I’m super excited to be working in the same office with all the same people just doing a little bit more financial/insurance work!!
That was a very happy list with a lot of exclamation points. :)
Have a good weekend!